About Kama Linden
Kama Linden is a fireball of energy, passion, and versatility. This gutsy lyricist draws you in with her edgy lyrics and voice , lulls you in with SMOOTH vocals, and has you grooving with sultry sounds that are undeniably her own. Live on stage, she has gathered many a crowd at various festivals and other venues large and small.
She spent three years touring the USA (and Amsterdam in 2007) in support of her first release, UNINHIBITED 2006 (a mix of POP/Rock and some urban/dance mixes which keeps the listener both interested and entertained), and has been touring the USA and abroad in support of her second album release, BETTER LATE THAN NEVER (which has a balance of fully produced songs, as well as simpler, more acoustic takes). SOUTHERN COMFORT (2013), along with her children's song single: IT TAKES ALL KINDS(2013), were recorded in NASHVILLE with all live studio musicians. And now, the long-awaited new studio album, EVERYTHING IN GOOD TIME, which is both a dedication to her Nana, Mom, and love for the Jersey Shore, but the self-reflective, mostly biographical, adult contemporary album you have all been waiting for. Once again, this was recorded in Nashville, under the direction of Master Engineer Rodney Ingle, at Misstyx Studios, thanks to Darla Perlozi. The stellar musicianship of Darla (drums), Timmy Patterson (bass), Tony Toliver (piano) and James Mitchell (guitar) brought Kama's songs to a level never before heard on her past albums, as well as capturing her voice the way it should be recorded.
Although her albums are fully orchestrated, she usually tours as an acoustic soloist or plays with a partner or acoustic trio. Although she most often plays on Eastern Seaboard lately, as well as four concert tours in California, she also has performed abroad in London/Southeast/Devon, Wales, Amsterdam, AUSTRALIA and Prague. She has performed in many a festival such as SUNBURY RIVER FESTIVAL for four consecutive years, Nashville Songwriter's Festival, Art by the Ferry, Halstead Market Days, FIGMENT, Jersey Shore Festival for three years, Porch Stomp, and the Birdman Festival (UK). Even as a solo act, she’s sure to knock 'em dead for she holds nothing back. She also performs many pop/rock and country covers.
Her songs have been licensed to small films; "Another Me" was used for a Blue Cross Radio Spot in California. "Bitter Lemon" was featured on a Radio Show in Nashville called "Sauced" in July 2008: WLAC 1510 AM.
Her song "Crossed Over" from UNINHIBITED 2006 is being featured in a Book that was released as a 9/11 remembrance by ArtForHealingNYC.Org. She also plays at many benefits and Charity Events.
Her songs are dominating, sexy, and will make you think and feel about the human experience. And now, with "EVERYTHING IN GOOD TIME", the music was worth the wait.
- Working with Julia Beatz to arrange and perform in a benefit to aid DARFUR. This will take place on June 24th at the Muse cafe in Chicago. Ira Horowitz of AJWS has been supporting our efforts.
- Worked with Karen Schliefer to arrange and perform in an MS Benefit at the Muddy Cup on Staten Island in Honor of Tem Schlief for Life. (April 2006)
- Working with Phillip and Darrell (deadloverecords UK) and Laura Glyda to arrange and perform in an AIDS ROCK concert in Chicago June 25th at the Elbo Room
- Performing in BLANKFEST annually since 2002 (to collect blankets for the homeless) with Kenn Rowell of the Bagdaddios
- GINA artist. Bringing awareness, and hopefully answers to families of missing adults and teens.
- Sang at the OUT OF THE DARKNESS WALK on STATEN ISLAND in Sept 2008 and gave out 300 CDs to the participants of the Staten Island and North NJ walks.
- She Donated 650 CDs to the Ovarian Cancer Society in FLorida
- She performed at LIGHT THE NIGHT and gave out 70 CDs
- She performed at the VA hospital as a Holiday Cheer Event for the veteran patients in Providence, RI, and gave out 115 CDs
- Staten Island Ferry fest 100 October 2005
- The Rose Festival, Portland Oregon June 2, 2006
- Halstead Street Market Days, 2006 Chicago, IL
- Diversity Fest, NYC
- The Mount Vernon Hospital Groovin on Gramatan Fleetwood Neighborhood Association Street Fair
- 56th Annual Fence Show at Snug Harbor, Staten Island, NY
- Sunbury Festival 2007-2010
- AMPsterdam 2007
- Grand Prix Bike Race, Mount Holly, NJ
- Staten Island Arts by the Ferry 2008-2010
- Nashville Songwriter's Festival 2008
- Birdman Festival Devon, UK 2009
- Jersey Shore Festival 2017, 2018, 2019
- Porch Stomp 2019
Radio/TV appearances (music related):
- La Nueva Ola (MNN Ch 56)
- The New Yorker (MNN)
- NY Rocks (MNN)
- NETSHOWS (CT)
- CB's Gallery Webcast
- Princeton Contemporary Space
- Rock Me TV
- Alive With Clive
- BlogTalkRadio Passions and Pioneering
- NBC News Sunday Morning with Pat Battle
- Jack Cyclone Show
- MC Energy Rhythms RVNTV with Arati Gupta
For Acting Reels, please visit: youtube/Kama Linden
Radio live show:
- KRFC Ft Collins, CO
- Twirl Radio, Sacramento, CA
- Highlands FM, VIC Australia
- BlogTalkRadio Passions and Pioneering
Music Placed in:
- Tinsel Town, Silly, and other independent and student films
- SECRET HEART (instrumental of ANOTHER ME) was placed in a BLue Cross Radio spot
- "Sauced", a food critic show on Nashville's WLAC 1510 AM.